Sunday, July 19, 2015

Painting the outside

I have had this plan in the works for about a year. I put primer on a section of cinder block wall on the side of my porch this spring and I've been planning on painting it. Looking out from the porch on gray cinder block felt too gloomy. So I took matters into my own hands. I've come a ways since painting my garage wall. I'm a little more free and confident now. But I still have my moments of fear and doubt- will it turn out? Does it look too much like a 5 year old painted it? Should I try to be a  bit more detail oriented? (challenging when painting on cinder block- it's a pock marked surface with indents in between the blocks so it's hard to get a good line.) But then I just think... trust and paint my heart. And it's only paint. Here it is.


In process:


And the new view from the porch:

No comments:

Post a Comment