Sunday, June 28, 2015

The Beginning



June 28, 2015

I was surfing around the web and came across Elizabeth Gilbert's facebook page in January. She, of course wrote Eat, Pray, Love and the book I love even more, The Signature of All Things. 
Elizabeth had this great photo on her page that I fell in love with immediately. Here it is:


I love elephants and it has always been my ambition to have a life-size topiary elephant in my front yard. I haven't yet accomplished this but I think I have created the second best thing- an almost life-size elephant painted on my garage in the backyard. More on that later.

It turns out the pic Elizabeth posted was painted by Tracy Verdugo. Tracy is an artist in Australia who does artist e-courses and in-person courses all over the world. It was January of this year. I had never painted a canvas before... only a garage. I had been wanting to integrate more creativity into my life for a number years. I kept thinking about taking the Drawing from the Right Side of your Brain class at the local college. But then I saw Tracy's work and decided I would take one of her courses.

She had a course offered in Albuquerque, where I live, coming up in the Spring. It was full. I decided to check into the e-course. I signed up. It was life-changing, amazing, beautiful, supportive and put me on a path in my life that I would have never imagined. The class opened my brain to a whole different way of seeing and processing and being in the world. The changes in my life have been amazing and unexpected.

So here I am. I love to write. I want to write about this process. I hope you will come along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment