Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Pixels and paint

June 30th, 2015

I have become interested in combining photos and painting in different ways. When I was in Tracy Verdugo's Paint Mojo online course I got a little exposure, but not any concrete learning, on how apps or photoshop are used to play with the possibilities of a painting. This got me on the hunt for more information.

I am working my way through the wonderful e-course Co-Lab with Susan Tuttle and Alena Hennessey. This has been a fabulous course for me on combining painting and iphoneography. I didn't know there was such a thing as iphoneography before this course. It gave me exposure and step by step instructions on using a number of Ipad and Iphone apps to manipulate photos and photos of paintings and then combine them in interesting ways and apply effects to them. This is very creatively stimulating as it keeps my mind in a playful state of constantly thinking about combinations of visual images.

Here are some of my very rough attempts with this. As you can see there are no limits to the worlds you can create with this process.



This was a painting I did then photographed and ran it through a few apps to play with color and added text.


This was a fun photo montage from my iphone camera roll of a sunset in Miami, a fish in an aquarium, and view out a airplane window.











This photo is a collage from
my iPhone camera roll
of a dove and a tree and out
an airplane window. I like
the Jack and beanstalk quality of it.

I mostly used Image Blender app to make these. There is an e-course coming up in September called Paint and Pixels that I will be taking that I hope will help me take this exploration further.







No comments:

Post a Comment